Consider all that Mercy Chefs is doing as August begins...
- We've already had a full deployment for Hurricane Hanna in Texas and then spent this past weekend preparing for a possible second deployment along the East Coast for Isaias that fortunately never materialized. This is just the start of what experts are saying could be the "second most active hurricane season on record."
- Meanwhile, our teams are continuing to provide hundreds of thousands of meals through our "Farmers to Families" outreaches in Oklahoma, Florida, Virginia and Puerto Rico.
- We are also continuing to provide groceries for folks on the hard-hit island of Maui in Hawaii and are preparing thousands of individual meals at our community kitchen at our headquarters in Virginia.
All these efforts combined make our average daily meal count a stunning 15,000 meals. Every day. Mercy Chefs has provided over 3 million meals in our COVID response since March and we are moving quickly toward SIX MILLION meals since our founding (we'll reach that threshold by next week).
+ + 31 million unemployed and more troubling economic signs
This is all totally unprecedented, and there is still no end in sight to the need. The latest jobs report indicated another week of MORE THAN ONE MILLION new unemployment claims. An almost unimaginable 31.3 million Americans were on unemployment last month and things could get worse as the data showed a 54% INCREASE in job cuts in July.
This is going to be a long, difficult struggle for millions of Americans. I need your help so that Mercy Chefs can continue to bring real relief to 15,000 people or more EVERY DAY.
Specifically, we need about 250 friends to step forward and help us today through this weekend just to meet the urgent needs before us.
During this crisis, the Lord has opened doors for Mercy Chefs to MULTIPLY your donation and reach even more people. That means right now...
- $50 helps feed 100 PEOPLE
- $75 helps feed 150 PEOPLE
- $100 helps feed 200 PEOPLE
- $500 helps feed 1,000 PEOPLE
- $1,000 helps feed 2,000 PEOPLE
These are trying times for our nation on so many levels. We are facing a once-in-a-lifetime health pandemic. Social tensions are at a fever pitch. And millions are struggling to put food on the table for their families. Let's pray for breakthrough for our nation. And let's stand together to help as many people as the Lord brings to our path.
Thank you and God bless you!
Gary LeBlanc, Mercy Chefs
If you prefer to send your gift by check, go here for mailing instructions.